Friday, February 2, 2018

Is it Love? Baby, you can’t hurt me (I love me too)



Dear Diary,



They say that you can’t love another until you can love yourself. I would second this in a heartbeat. How can one have a heart that can feel true compassion for another human being if they cannot feel that same feeling for themselves first? One cannot give what they don’t have, and when one is bursting at the seams with love to give, it’s not hard to love! Some people seem foolish for loving others so openly and freely, but is it silly to think that it’s possible that they know something that others don’t? I’m not saying that it’s good to be in love with everyone (no.). But to have love for humankind? Sure, that’s where you find compassion. To feel romantic love for someone you date, who opens their inner demons, passions, fears, goals, bank account, weekly schedule, and more to you? Is that really so alarming? Or should it be intuitive that when you are drawn to someone who has qualities of a person you admire and they feel comfortable enough to open their heart to you, that you love them easily? When you go out in the world with them and they impress you with their modesty, consideration, sincerity, and patience to know who you really are - without trying to, is it really strange to want to give them your all back in return? Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails, it perseveres. It is unselfish, and it is honest. If there is something that I want to leave this planet with, it’s that I was able to find the strength to love myself the most I can and give all of it back to the people who I was able to love too.






-That Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment