Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Dear Diary,

Shakespeare once said
It is better to have loved and lost than to have not lost at all.

And I can't help thinking...
I've never really loved someone (i.e. a guy) like that before.
And according to Shakespeare, never loving is worse then losing a love.
I wish I knew for sure.

If you're wondering why I'm having that inevitable sudden moment of "Oh-poor-me!" I should tell you.
I was just strollin' along the web when I came to this song which, though nicely sung, made me feel kind of...not sad...but emotionless I guess you could say.
I mean. I didn't turn me into a robot or anything or the tin man from Oz without a heart. But it made me feel...okay not emotionless, but longing for emotion.
I wanna know what it feels like to be in love. Who doesn't, after all?
Marilyn Monroe said before that she's just a small girl in a big city looking for love.
Who isn't?

Just thought I'd share this little tidbit of thoughts runnin' through That Girl's mind,

-That Girl, feeling very much like my favorite character from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,
Lena: [in her letter, after Kostas accuses her of being afraid to love him] "He's right, Car. I am afraid. There's a part of me that wants to let him in but then I feel myself put this wall up and I don't understand why. Maybe that's what strikes me most about Kostas: that despite everything he's suffered he can still look at life in the most uncomplicated way. I've never known that kind of faith. It makes me so sad that people like Kostas and Bridget who have lost everything can still be open to love... while I, who have lost nothing, am not. "

No comments:

Post a Comment