Monday, July 20, 2009

The After Taste of Warm Butterflies

"Yeah, you must not be used to these buses. These have graffiti all over and your buses are lined with diamonds."
From MalcomC,to me today.
I personally thought that this was hi-lar-ous!
We were all getting on (we as in the people in the Teen Leadership Program) the bus to a not-so-glamorous part of town and I was saying that there was a lot of graffiti all over the place. Like seriously, on the floor and walls there were
so many words! And since MC lives slightly around this place, he's used to the graffiti.
I thought that it was a wee bit insulting to me, like as if he was trying to tell me that I was a spoiled brat, but I know he didn't mean it; so it's okay.

Dear Diary, ((10:37 PM on Monday night and hell-to-the-no I shouldn't be up this late today when tomorrow I work with the Preschoolers at 9 AM, which means I have to leave my house by 8 AM, which means I have to wake up at 7 AM. 10-7 is what? 10 hours of sleep? Oh, well I'll be okay then.))

You know those butterflies you get when you realize that you have a new crush?
Like that warm feeling in your stomach that says, "Hey, maybe there's someone whose as weird/cool/sarcastic/compatible as me?"
Well, I got that.

Actually, you'll never guess who it is!
I like MalcomC.
Oh the colors are brighter again!
The sky more blue and the plants more green and full of lively colors with the bright flowers and fruit blooming towards that wonderfully bright sun that gives us the warmth to thrive in this world.

And that's how I feel when I have a crush.
See why my mood is so tragic when I don't like anybody?

We had a field trip today and me and him talked and talked and talked about just about everything. Parents. Shoes. Money. Future. Money. The cost of Bananas.
Yup, you name it, we talked about it.

And get this. He GETS my jokes!
He actually has my sense of smart-alec, sarcastic, cynical, and yet bright humor.

We had a bunch of different conversations and we ended up laughing at both our jokes in each conversation, but at the same time, we had
INTELLIGENT conversation too!
It's like, when most guys and myself chat, the conversation goes something like this:

Me: Yeah, I think I wanna buy some new clothes before school starts!

Other guy: That's stupid, you can buy video games and pizza with that money. God, girls are so stupid.

Me: I kind of like some new clothes once in a while.
Instead of wearing the
same clothes every day. Like some people I know.

Other guy: Like who?

Me: Like you for instance.

Other guy: Uhhh umm
shut up. Whatever. -walks away-


But it's usually not awkward when me and MC talk! It's smart, quick-witted, funny, and interesting conversation!

Even his immaturity matches mine! At times he's totally immature, but it's the funny I-want-to-make-you-and-just-you(cuz-I'm-lookin-your-way)laugh-out-loud!


And I love it. Love it. Love it. Love it.

The right amount of randomness, kindness, cynical-eque attitude, sarcasm, maturity, immaturity, and quick-wit makes me like him so flippin' much!
Note that I got the "flippin'" off of a Ben&Jerry's ad on a tour bus this morning.

He's also okay looking and has a pretty good sense of style.
Simple yet in style. Doesn't look like he tries, but I'm sure he does.


I know I promised cute guys in today's post, but I have to get to bed now!
It's now 11:02 PM and I'm only going to get 9 hours of sleep now, right?


Good Night my honnĂȘtement Diary,

-That Girl; thinking about everything in a good light.
Don't turn off the lamp ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment